Monday, February 24, 2014

2-24-14 Never Skip Leg Day

Don't skip leg day is a meme around the net where people who "skip leg day" have disproportionately smaller leg muscles to, well, the rest of their body and it looks pretty silly. Give it a google.

I named my post that because the exercise I did today, entitled "Leighton's Cardio Workout" is focused on cardio for toning your legs. I have self-named it "Gym Class Leg Exercises" because it reminds me of the exercises we did in gym. Let me break it down for you.

1. First you do butt kickers. Don't know what those are? They're where you jog hard and kick your feet up to your behind every step. Gym class. Anyways, it has you do it for 30 seconds, rest for ten, and repeat for a total of three times.

2. Next is the high knees. Unaware of this one? It's similar to the butt kickers except instead of kicking your legs behind you, you kick them in front, raising your knees as close to your chest as you can every step. Again, this one has it for 30 seconds and then stopping for ten, for a total of three times repetition.

3. Now this one is a little bit different, but still something I did in gym class. Skyscraping Skips. You start with one foot behind, one in front and literally skip, except you make the foot coming forward into a high knee, but you also raise your arm (same one as the knee in the air) above your head. It's a little odd but it works. It wants you to do this for thirty seconds.

Then, it wants you to start the whole exercise over.

4. After going through steps 1-3 again, now you do fancy feet. Which I've seen people do in tennis. Create a thin line, either with rope or tape or chalk, doesn't matter. Then you want to take quick steps, or as the directions say "start by stepping your left foot a little over the line, bring the right foot to meet the left, step left foot back, then right foot." Aka, take little steps over the line very fast. It wants you to do this one for a minute, then rest for ten. Afterwards it wants you to switch which foot steps over the line first and do it one more time.

So after I did this exercise, I did The Basics.

It was a pretty cool workout and I did have a playlist which I may add a little later, but right now I'm tired and need to shower.

Have a great workout today!!
-Alexandria
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/AlexandriaMazareth
Twitter: http://twitter.com/AlexandriaMWolf
Personal Blog: http://ajourneyforalexandria.blogspot.com/
Professional Blog: http://alexandriamazareth.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment