Tuesday, February 25, 2014

2-25-14 Core Challenge

Gotta love lemon water :) It helps so much in keeping you hydrated but still getting a good amount of flavour.

Well, today I used what the magazine called the core challenge which I am not going to give a different name because wow it's a great description! There weren't any curlups on this list but boy did my core get a workout!

Of course, I did a little bit of jogging first, to the tune of Danza Kuduro!

Afterwards I started the "core" part of my exercise. So this is how the core challenge works:
They want you to do every exercise in order for a minute and repeat twice.

1. This first step is called the jackknife, which I think I may have done wrong. Helps to have a picture in front of you. Although according to bodybuilding.com I did it correctly.
I'll start creating pictures of the exercises when I start my Ace Fitness Training
Anyways, the jackknife is where you lie down face-up, your arms should lay above your head and your legs are extended flat in front of you (This method of laying down is also in number 3)
Then you crunch upwards. If you've ever done a v-sit, it's like that, except you lift your arms to intersect with your legs. (Your arms should be almost horizontal while your legs should be vertical.) And then lower.

2. This second step is called scissors, but it's not like the scissors I did in elementary school. For this one you lay face-up on your back with your hands under your butt, but your arms at your sides. Then you raise your legs 6-12 inches into the air, with your feet as wide apart as your shoulders. Here's the part that's different for me, but makes sense. You cross your right foot over your left. Then you open up your legs again. Then you cross left over right and continue alternating your legs like that. See? Makes sense.

3. Alright, so now we're on to the third step - the sit-up. The one in the magazine works like this: Repeat how you were laying down in step one. Then keep your feet down on the floor and raise your core and arms up to a sitting position, so you make a right angle. Then lower back down.

4. Lastly, they want you to do what's known as a superwoman.The superwoman is pretty much the locust pose in yoga, except your arms are in front of you rather than along your back.

So the picture to the left is the superwoman. Basically you lay facedown, with arms in front of you, and lift your legs, arms, and part of your chest up off the ground. It's more of a workout than you'd think.

Again, each exercise is a minute long, and you want to repeat the entire thing twice.

I will most likely add the rest of the music I used for this exercise laters.

In the meantime... After I did the core challenge I incorporated The Basics, plus I did some jumping jacks. I'll link the song party rock by lmfao here laters, but that song is SUPER good for jumping jacks and jogging!

Have a great exercise today!
-Alexandria
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/AlexandriaMazareth
Twitter: http://twitter.com/AlexandriaMWolf
Personal Blog: http://ajourneyforalexandria.blogspot.com/
Professional Blog: http://alexandriamazareth.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment